Thursday, June 18, 2015

Small Fry Pick of the Week: Ice Cream Summer


Cover image for Ice cream summer

Ice Cream Summer by Peter Sis

Dear Grandpa, so far, it's been a delicious summer. I am very busy.  But don't worry, I am not forgetting about school.  I read every day. I practice my math facts.  And I am even diving into world history.

Peter Sis's breezy, sweet, tongue-in-cheek vision of summer dishes up the whole scoop on everyone's favorite frozen treat--and proves that ice cream is every bit as enriching for the mind as it is for the taste buds.

Readers everywhere will be begging for seconds and thirds!

Ms. Jen says: Playful pastel illustrations set the cheery and yummy tone of this fun picture book. There is a neat little note in the beginning of the book with references to historical books written about ice-cream development, and key dates with facts and inventors are sprinkled throughout the text.

Read a great book lately? Want to recommend it as Pick of the Week? Email me!

Click on the title to place it on hold at the Ventress Memorial Library!