Thursday, March 10, 2016

Small Fry Pick of the Week: The Nest


Cover image for The nest

The Nest by Kenneth Opel

Ages 10+

She was very blurry, not at all human-looking.  There were huge dark eyes, and a kind of mane made of light, and when she spoke, I couldn't see a mouth moving, but I felt her words, like a breeze against my face, and I understood her completely.

"We've come because of the baby," she said. "We've come to help."  All Steve has to do is say, "Yes."  But "yes" is a painful word.

It is also dangerous.  And once it is uttered, can it be taken back?

I thought, It's just a dream anyway.  I thought, It has no power over me.  I thought, Why not?  "Fine," I whispered.

Click for Lexile information on this title

Click on the title to place it on hold at the Ventress Memorial Library!

No comments:

Post a Comment